Should I remove FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
5% remove it95% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008
from NETGATE Technologies s.r.o.
FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008 is a software program developed by NETGATE Technologies s.r.o. During setup, the program creates a startup registration point in Windows in order to automatically start when any user boots the PC. Upon being installed, the software adds a Windows Service which is designed to run continuously in the background. Manually stopping the service has been seen to cause the program to stop functing properly. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The primary executable is named fortknoxgui.exe. The setup package generally installs about 7 files and is usually about 17.14 MB (17,967,843 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of those who have this installed, most are running it on Windows XP. Most users that have installed this software come from the United States.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\NETGATE\FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008\
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\NETGATE\FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008\unins000.exe"
Estimated size: 17.14 MB
Files installed by FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008
|Name:||NETGATE FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008|
|FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008|
|Path:||C:\Program Files\netgate\fortknox personal firewall 2008\fortknoxgui.exe|
- FortKnox.exe runs as a service named 'FortKnox Personal Firewall' (fortknox).
Startup File (All Users Run)
- FortKnoxGUI.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'FortKnoxPersonalFirewall' which loads as "C:\Program Files\NETGATE\FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008\FortKnoxGUI.exe".
How do I remove FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008?
Quickly and completely remove FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008 from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008 from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove FortKnox Personal Firewall 2008.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 5%
Keep it 95%
MOST USED OS
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?