Should I remove EaseBackup with Patch technology?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
7% remove it93% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
EaseBackup with Patch technology
What is EaseBackup with Patch technology? (from KieSoft)
Backup solution with agentless backups of remote computers, patch technology, Disaster Recovery, Continues Data Protection (CDP), encryption and database backups allows you to protect your information everywhere, anytime - at home, at work, or on the road and stores it safely on hard and removable disks, FTP Server and... Read more
EaseBackup with Patch technology is a program developed by KieSoft. The most used version is 7.81.r8, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation, it defines an auto-start registry entry which allows the program run on each boot for the user which installed it. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The software installer includes 24 files and is usually about 23.93 MB (25,088,433 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 7 (SP1) as well as Windows 8. The distribution of this has mostly been seen in the United States.
Help link: www.kiesoft.com
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\kiesoft\easebackup
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\KieSoft\EaseBackup\uninstall.exe C:\Program Files\KieSoft\EaseBackup\uninst.dat
Estimated size: 23.93 MB
Files installed by EaseBackup with Patch technology
- EBShell.exe is scheduled as a task named 'EaseBackup (wbau_2) - Backup Data' (runs daily at 4:00 AM).
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- ScheduleChecker.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named EaseBackup (wbau_2) - Password Checker.
- srvany.exe runs as a service named 'CouchPotato' (CouchPotato).
Startup File (User Run)
- CDP.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'EaseBackup CDP tool' and executes as C:\Program Files\KieSoft\EaseBackup\cdp.exe.
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||34 Bytes|
How do I remove EaseBackup with Patch technology?
Quickly and completely remove EaseBackup with Patch technology from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall EaseBackup with Patch technology from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program EaseBackup with Patch technology, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove EaseBackup with Patch technology.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
Win 7 (SP1) 50%
Win 8 50%
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 8.1 Pro
|Windows 7 Home Premium
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?