Should I remove Compete Toolbar?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
56% remove it44% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
from Compete, Inc.
What is Compete Toolbar? (from Compete)
The web history generated from over 2 million people allows Compete to help you avoid malicious websites. As you land on a site the Compete toolbar checks the "trust" of the site. If the community history and our third party security service checks identify suspicious characteristics we will "˜Red Light" the site bef... Read more
Compete Toolbar is a software program developed by Compete. The primary executable is named Compete.exe. The setup package generally installs about 8 files. Relative to the overall usage of those who have this installed, most are running it on Windows XP. Most users that have installed this software come from the United States.
- Malware detected in the program
- Integrates into the web browser
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Compete Toolbar.
|Compete.exe (e8cdc2ecbfba375d97d1ed6a092b460c) has been flagged by the following 2 scanners:|
||suspected of Trojan.Downloader.gen.h
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\compete toolbar
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\Compete Toolbar\Uninstall.exe"
Files installed by Compete Toolbar
|Program executable:||Compete.exe (Malware detected)|
|Path:||C:\Program Files\compete toolbar\Compete.exe|
How do I remove Compete Toolbar?
Quickly and completely remove Compete Toolbar (remove only) from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Compete Toolbar from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Compete Toolbar (remove only), click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Compete Toolbar.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by Compete Toolbar you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
Uninstall it 56%
Keep it 44%
MOST USED OS
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?