Should I remove Classic Windows Start Menu?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
1% remove it99% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
Classic Windows Start Menu v4.082
Classic Windows Start Menu v4.082 is a software program developed by SourceCodeBoy. Upon being installed, the software adds a Windows Service which is designed to run continuously in the background. Manually stopping the service has been seen to cause the program to stop functing properly. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The setup package generally installs about 5 files and is usually about 1.58 MB (1,652,386 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of users who have this installed on their PCs, most are running Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8. While about 71% of users of Classic Windows Start Menu come from the United States, it is also popular in Chile and Peru.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\classic windows start menu
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Classic Windows Start Menu\CWSMUninstaller.exe
Estimated size: 1.58 MB
Files installed by Classic Windows Start Menu v4.082
- CWSMService.exe runs as a service named 'Classic Windows Start Menu Service' (CWSMService) "Service necessary for Classic Windows Start Menu to start and skip Metro interface. Classic Windows Start Menu will not automatically load without it.".
How do I remove Classic Windows Start Menu?
Quickly and completely remove Classic Windows Start Menu v4.082 from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Classic Windows Start Menu from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Classic Windows Start Menu v4.082, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Classic Windows Start Menu.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
Win 7 (SP1) 50%
Win 8 50%
HOW IT RUNS
Windows Service? Yes
(Installs a service)
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Starter
71.43% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States