Should I remove CA eTrust EZ Antivirus?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
25% remove it75% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
CA eTrust EZ Antivirus
What is CA eTrust EZ Antivirus? (from Computer Associates)
eTrustTM EZ Antivirus is an award-winning antivirus solution that provides complete protection, detection and elimination of thousands of computer viruses, worms and Trojan horse programs. The easy-to-use interface and frequent automatic updates make it effortless to stay protected, and the small installation file does... Read more
CA eTrust EZ Antivirus is a software program developed by Computer Associates. The most common release is 22.214.171.124, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. During setup, the program creates a startup registration point in Windows in order to automatically start when any user boots the PC. Upon being installed, the software adds a Windows Service which is designed to run continuously in the background. Manually stopping the service has been seen to cause the program to stop functing properly. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The setup package generally installs about 31 files and is usually about 32.83 MB (34,421,959 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of users who have this installed on their PCs, most are running Windows XP and Windows 7 (SP1). While about 80% of users of CA eTrust EZ Antivirus come from the United States, it is also popular in Brazil.
Help link: www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/default.aspx
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\ca\etrust internet security suite\etrust ez antivirus
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\cauninst.exe" /u
Estimated size: 32.83 MB
Files installed by CA eTrust EZ Antivirus
- VetMsg.exe runs as a service named 'VET Message Service' (VETMSGNT).
- iSafe.exe runs as a service named 'CAISafe' (CAISafe).
2 Startup Files (All Users Run)
- CAVTray.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'CaAvTray' which loads as "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe".
- CAVRid.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'CAVRID' which loads as "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe".
How do I remove CA eTrust EZ Antivirus?
Quickly and completely remove CA eTrust EZ Antivirus from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall CA eTrust EZ Antivirus from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program CA eTrust EZ Antivirus, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove CA eTrust EZ Antivirus.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Win XP 50%
Win 7 (SP1) 50%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 25%
Keep it 75%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Ultimate
|Microsoft Windows XP
80.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
About Computer Associates
CA Technologies (Computer Associates International) is an independent application provider.
Publisher URL: www.ca.com