Should I remove CA Anti-Spyware?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
11% remove it89% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is CA Anti-Spyware? (from CA)
Spyware can steal your credit card numbers and passwords. Switch your home page, or re-direct your web searches to unwanted sites. Display annoying ads, slow your PC to a crawl, or even control it remotely. CA Anti-Spyware protects against a wide range of spyware threats that can expose your confidential information an... Read more
CA Anti-Spyware is a program developed by CA. The most used version is 10.0.0.208, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The main program executable is caunst.exe. The software installer includes 19 files and is usually about 20.42 MB (21,409,749 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows Vista (SP2) as well as Windows XP. The distribution of this has mostly been seen in the United States.
Help link: www.my-etrust.com/Redirect/router.aspx?OEM=&prod=PP&app=inclient&lang=en&date=1339552853&link_id=1&dest=main_support&lic=GXMTM-ECXXG-C1WEX-RELXY&ver=10.0.0.208
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\caunst.exe" /u /product=pp
Estimated size: 20.42 MB
Files installed by CA Anti-Spyware
|Path:||C:\Program Files\ca\ca internet security suite\caunst.exe|
- PPCtlPriv.exe runs as a service named 'PPCtlPriv' (PPCtlPriv).
2 Startup Files (All Users Run)
- CAPPActiveProtection.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'CAPPActiveProtection' which loads as "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe".
- CAAntiSpyware.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'CaPPcl' which loads as C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAAntiSpyware.exe /scan /startup.
How do I remove CA Anti-Spyware?
Quickly and completely remove CA Anti-Spyware from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall CA Anti-Spyware from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program CA Anti-Spyware, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove CA Anti-Spyware.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
Win Vista (SP2) 33%
Win XP 33%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows Vista Home Premiu...
|Microsoft Windows XP
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
Publisher URL: www.ca.com