Should I remove BartVPN Toolbar?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
68% remove it32% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
from Red Sky Sp. z o.o.
What is BartVPN Toolbar?
BartVPN Toolbar (from Simplygen) is a web browser toolbar and extension that modifies the browsers search and home pages as well as delivers contextual based advertising. This toolbar currently supports Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. In order to provide search advertising revenue, the software is designed not only to modify the search provider but to protect it so that it remains the default browser search engine. It is typically installed via a co-bundled offer within a third-party software distribution.
- Modifies the default search engine and search provider.
- Changes the default browser home page.
- Adds search functionality from the address bar.
- Adds alternative redirection "page not found".
- Displays contextual search advertising.
The main program executable is InstTracker.exe. A vast majority of those who have this installed end up removing it just after a couple weeks. The software installer includes 5 files and is usually about 2.85 MB (2,990,215 bytes).
BartVPN Toolbar has been found to be bundled with 3rd party software. If you have not purposefully installed this, you should be safe uninstalling it.
Find out how to remove BartVPN Toolbar.
Displayed publisher: BartVPN Toolbar
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\BartVPNToolbar\
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\BartVPNToolbar\unins000.exe"
Estimated size: 2.85 MB
Files installed by BartVPN Toolbar
How do I remove BartVPN Toolbar?
Quickly and completely remove BartVPN Toolbar from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall BartVPN Toolbar from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program BartVPN Toolbar, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove BartVPN Toolbar.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by BartVPN Toolbar you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Win Vista (SP2) 33%
Win 7 (SP1) 33%
Uninstall it 68%
Keep it 32%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Home Premium
|Windows Vista Home Premiu...
62.50% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| Czech Republic
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|TOSHIBA Satellite L755