Should I remove AnyProtect Scanner?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
51% remove it49% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
from CMI Limited
What is AnyProtect Scanner?
Distributed via ClickMeIn Limited, AnyProtect is an advertising supported potentially unwanted backup service that uses the ironSource InstallCore to bundle various ad-supported toolbars and utilities.
About (from CMI Limited)
Some AnyProtect products may be supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions on the product. Such advertisements may be targeted to the content of information stored on the AnyProtect products, queries made through AnyProtect products or other information. The manner, mode and extent o... Read more
Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. The main program executable is anyprotectscanner.exe. The software installer includes 3 files and is usually about 2.19 MB (2,297,993 bytes).
- Starts automatically
- Installed as part of a co-bundle
AnyProtect Scanner has been found to be bundled with 3rd party software. If you have not purposefully installed this, you should be safe uninstalling it.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\anyprotectscanner
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\AnyProtectScanner\uninstall.exe"
Estimated size: 2.19 MB
Files installed by AnyProtect Scanner
Startup File (User Run)
- AnyProtectScanner.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'AnyProtectScanner' and executes as C:\Program Files\AnyProtectScanner\AnyProtectScanner.exe.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- AnyProtectTray.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'AnyProtect Tray' which loads as C:\Program Files\AnyProtectScanner\AnyProtectTray.exe /scanner.
How do I remove AnyProtect Scanner?
Quickly and completely remove AnyProtect Scanner from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall AnyProtect Scanner from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program AnyProtect Scanner, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove AnyProtect Scanner.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 51%
Keep it 49%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
80.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?