Should I remove AntiVir/XP?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
2% remove it98% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
from H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH
AntiVir/XP is a program developed by H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The main program executable is avwin.exe. The software installer includes 31 files and is usually about 7.49 MB (7,855,104 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows XP as well as Windows XP. While about 56% of users of AntiVir/XP come from the United States, it is also popular in Germany and France.
Help link: www.free-av.de/forum
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\avpersonal
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVUNINST.EXE
Estimated size: 7.49 MB
Files installed by AntiVir/XP
- AVWUPSRV.EXE runs as a service named 'AntiVir Update' (AVWUpSrv) "Helpservice of AntiVir Personal Edition.".
- AVGUARD.EXE runs as a service named 'AntiVir Service' (AntiVirService) "Provides real-time antivirus security using H+BEDV's AntiVir technology.".
Startup File (All Users Run)
- AVGNT.EXE is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'AVGCtrl' which loads as "C:\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE" /mino.
How do I remove AntiVir/XP?
Quickly and completely remove AntiVir/XP from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall AntiVir/XP from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program AntiVir/XP, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove AntiVir/XP.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 2%
Keep it 98%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
55.56% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|FUJITSU SIEMENS Amilo M14...