Should I remove Active Shield 5?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
44% remove it56% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Active Shield 5
What is Active Shield 5? (from Security Stronghold)
Active Shield 5 offers the ability to start up with Windows but can be run manually if desired. Double-click the Active Shield icon in the system tray to bring up the menu shown in Figure 1. Active Shield 4 offers three security levels plus a user-defined custom level. Security levels can be set by clicking the shields... Read more
Active Shield 5 is a program developed by Security Stronghold. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The main program executable is activeshield5.exe. The software installer includes 5 files and is usually about 9.06 MB (9,497,618 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows XP as well as Windows 7 (SP1). While about 71% of users of Active Shield 5 come from the United States, it is also popular in Germany and Thailand.
Help link: www.SecurityStronghold.com/support
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Active Shield 5\
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\Active Shield 5\unins000.exe"
Estimated size: 9.06 MB
Files installed by Active Shield 5
|Path:||C:\Program Files\active shield 5\activeshield5.exe|
- ActiveShieldService.exe runs as a service named 'Active Shield Service' (ServiceAS).
Startup File (User Run)
- ActiveShield5.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Active Shield' and executes as C:\Program Files\Active Shield 5\ActiveShield5.exe.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- ActiveShield5.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'Active Shield 5' which loads as C:\Program Files\Active Shield 5\ActiveShield5.exe.
How do I remove Active Shield 5?
Quickly and completely remove Active Shield 5 from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Active Shield 5 from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Active Shield 5, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Active Shield 5.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
Win XP 50%
Win 7 (SP1) 50%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Microsoft Windows XP
|Windows 7 Ultimate
71.43% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
About (from Security Stronghold)
Security Stronghold Company was founded by several computer security professionals.
Publisher URL: www.securitystronghold.com