Should I remove Active Captions?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
6% remove it94% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
from Shelltoys, Inc.
What is Active Captions? (from Shelltoys)
Active Captions is a handy system tray utility that extends window's caption buttons with additional features. Right mouse button click on minimize button minimizes the window into the System Tray. Click with right mouse button on window's Maximize/Restore button to roll-up window to its title bar. To make your windows... Read more
Active Captions is a program developed by Shelltoys. Upon installation, it defines an auto-start registry entry which allows the program run on each boot for the user which installed it. The main program executable is activecaptions.exe. The software installer includes 3 files and is usually about 690.96 KB (707,548 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows XP as well as Windows 7 (SP1). The distribution of this has mostly been seen in the United States.
Help link: www.shelltoys.com/active_captions
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\shelltoys\active captions
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\Shelltoys\Active Captions\unins000.exe"
Estimated size: 690.96 KB
Files installed by Active Captions
|Path:||C:\Program Files\shelltoys\active captions\activecaptions.exe|
Startup File (User Run)
- activecaptions.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Active Captions' and executes as C:\Program Files\Shelltoys\Active Captions\activecaptions.exe.
How do I remove Active Captions?
Quickly and completely remove Active Captions from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Active Captions from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Active Captions, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Active Captions.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Win XP 50%
Win 7 (SP1) 50%
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 6%
Keep it 94%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Microsoft Windows XP
|Windows 7 Professional
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?