Should I remove Acer Remote?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
5% remove it95% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Global Rank #5,374
United States Rank #4,294
(Not enough data to show 30 day installation trends)
Uninstallation trends (last 30 days)
Lifespan of installation (until removal)
< 5.63 days
165.99 days >
Average installed length: 87.22 days
What is Acer Remote? (from Acer)
Acer Remote lets you remotely control your PC’s Mouse, keypad, Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows 8 UI via Android smartphone and tablet. A remote laser pointer is also supported. Supported Players: Windows Media Player/Acer Clear.fi(Acer Media)/Apple iTunes/CyberLink PowerDVD Screen resolution: 800x400,854x480,1024x600... Read more
Acer Remote is a program developed by Acer. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. The main program executable is arcserver.exe. The software installer includes 10 files and is usually about 9.83 MB (10,309,609 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 8 as well as Windows 7 (SP1). While about 59% of users of Acer Remote come from the United States, it is also popular in Canada and France.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Acer Remote
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\Acer Remote\uninstall.exe" "/C:C:\Program Files\Acer Remote\Uninstall\uninstall.xml"
Estimated size: 9.83 MB
Files installed by Acer Remote
|Path:||C:\Program Files\acer remote\arcserver.exe|
Startup File (User Run Once)
- ArcServer.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #0' which loads as C:\Program Files\Acer Remote\ArcServer.exe /RestartByRestartManageC:49F1EFE4-987E-4a9d-920A-C79C58DAE03F /RestartByRestartManageC:0B8C65C4-5C54-4225-B608-AF5D63344A59 /RestartByRestartManageC:F501CA5E.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- ArcServer.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'ArcServer' which loads as C:\Program Files\Acer Remote\ArcServer.exe.
How do I remove Acer Remote?
Quickly and completely remove Acer Remote from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Acer Remote from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Acer Remote, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Acer Remote.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
Win 8 100%
Win 7 (SP1) 0%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 10 Home
|Windows 8.1 Single Langua...
|Windows 8 Single Language
|Windows 8.1 Pro
59.28% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
Acer is a Taiwanese hardware and electronics corporation whose products include desktop and laptop computer PCs, tablet computers, servers, storage devices, displays, smartphones and peripherals.
Publisher URL: www.acer.com